Mr. Bajoe Wibowo, a national of Indonesia, has been working for 24 years at the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO), and has represented WIPO as a speaker in more than 75 countries. He has handled many specialist assignments, dealing with issues related to the Patent Cooperation Treaty (PCT), Patent information, Intellectual Property (IP) and Economic Development, and was involved in the political process of the WIPO Development Agenda.
Presently he is Project Manager in the Office of the Deputy Director General, Regional and National Development Sector, with special responsibility to manage, among other functions , the WIPO Match Platform – an online tool to match seekers of specific IP-related development needs with potential providers offering resources; as well as being the focal person for South-South Cooperation Issues at WIPO. This service amplifies WIPO’s resources and multiplies existing partnerships. WIPO Match is not only a platform for technical assistance projects, but also a platform that can bring new business opportunities for an integrated IP and innovation projects (e.g. Private Public Partnerships), and South-South Cooperation projects.
Mr. Bajoe Wibowo holds a Master’s Degree in Engineering, and also a Master’s Degree in Management from Ecole Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne, Switzerland
Languages: Indonesian, French, English and German
Certificate of Merit by the Government of Indonesia to Mr. Bajoe Wibowo
Ceremony of handing over of the Certificate of Merit by the Government of Indonesia (represented by His Excellency, Permanent Representative, Ambassador of Indonesia to the United Nations in Geneva, I Gusti Agung Wesaka Puja) to Mr. Bajoe Wibowo held in Geneva on August 17, 2008
Handed over by Dr. Francis Gurry, Director General WIPO (2008 – 2020)
Mr. Wibowo with Dr. Ngozi Okanjo-Iweala, Director General WTO
- Joint WIPO and Islamic Development Bank webinar on “Toward Building a Stronger Innovation Ecosystem by Enhancing Intellectual Property” (on Jan 18, 2021)
- WIPO RE:SEARCH Virtual IP Capacity Building Workshop (from March 1 to 4, 2021)
WIPO Match presentation and WIPO Sequence
- Mentor at the Islamic Development Bank Transformers 2020
- Launching of the United Nations CONNECT 2030 for the SDGs with the United Nations Department of Economic and Social Affairs (UNDESA) (on July 15, 2020)
- Joint WIPO –NRDC (National Research and Development Center) Government of India Webinar on the strategic benefits of WIPO Match for the Indian Stakeholders (on August 11, 2020)
- United Nations South-South Galaxy
- WIPO Match successful South-South Cooperation Stories
1) WIPO Match on COVID19: Knowledge Transfer initiative to develop an Invasive Emergency Ventilator for REDOTTEC Mexico with VW (Mexico), Seat (Spain) and 4D-Life (Barcelona)
- CIPAM (Cell for IPR Promotion and Management), Government of India, and Karnataka State Council for Science and Technology (KSCST) Joint webinar on IP Audit and Commercialization for industries and Startups (on January 12, 2021)
- S.G. Balekundri Institute of Technology, India (on December 22, 2020)
- WIPO Match webinar for the Russian Stakeholders (on August 6, 2020)
11.2019 Technology Innovation Conference on Biotechnology, University of Basel – Switzerland (on June 18, 2019)
- UK Life Science Mission to Switzerland, University of Basel – Switzerland (on May 14, 2019)
- United Nations – Ministry of Science and Technology (MoST) Joint Capacity Building Workshop on Science, Technology and Innovation for Sustainable Development Goals UN DESA, MOST China and UNESCAP, Guilin, Guangxi Province, P.R. China (on December 9 – 17, 2019)
- United Nations South-South Day 2018, Informal meeting of the Geneva based agencies in preparation of the Second High-level United Nations Conference on South-South Cooperation (BAPA+40) United Nations New York, United States of America (on November 1, 2018)
- General Assembly 2018 of the Islamic Development Bank in Tunis -Tunisia (on April 3, 2018)
- Association of South-East Asian Nations (ASEAN) Regional Seminar on IP and Sports, in Jakarta – Indonesia (on Nov 27 and 28, 2017)
- WIPO Match promotional mission at United States Department, Washington D.C. – United States of America (on November 16, 2018)
- WIPO Match promotional mission at the University of Dresden– Germany (on May 23, 2017)
- WIPO Match promotional mission at Silicon Valley, California– United States of America (on April 26, 2016)
- At the Winston Churchill Room, Wesminter, London (United Kingdom) within the framework of the 25 years partnership on zero emission mobility, low carbon energy and technology education between the Province of South Sumatra (Indonesia) and the Government United Kingdom through Ecubes Arcola (U.K.),
- EAPODelegation at 57th Series of Sessions of WIPO General Assemblies, Geneva, Switzerland (on October 17, 2017)
- Annual Fortec Brazil Conference 2015 (from May 19 to 22, 2015)
- IP Watch Article on South-South Cooperation (on November 25, 2013)
- WIPO Conference on Development and IP: Building Synergies with Policy Makers and Industry in cooperation with Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion (DIPP), Ministry of Commerce and Industry, Panaji, Government of India (from September 1 to 3, 2008)
26. Regional Conference on the Strategic Use of Intellectual Property, in Tbilisi (Georgia) from May 20 to 22, 2007
- WIPO-ASEAN Regional Seminar on the Strategic Use of Intellectual Property for Development in cooperation with the Department of Intellectual Property of Thailand (DIP), Ministry of Commerce, Bangkok, Government of Thailand (on November 30 and December 1, 2006)
- WIPO ASEAN Strategic Conference on IP for Strategic Use for economic Development from November 16 to 18, 2005 in Jogyakarta, Indonesia
- WIPO National Seminar on the Strategic Use of IP for Economic Development, held in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia) on December 13 and 14, 2005
- WIPO National Seminar on the Promotion of Innovation for Inventors and Innovators and the Role of Intellectual Property Rights (IPRs), Jakarta, Indonesia (on December 8 and 9, 2003)
- Atelier sur les services d’appui à l’innovation et leur gestion avec la Direction du développement et de la coopération (DDC) du Département fédéral des affaires étrangères (Suisse) avec l’Institut Fédéral de la Propriété Intellectuelle (Suisse), Genève, Lausanne, Berne, Zurich (du 5 au 16 novembre 2001)
- WIPO Match Presentation with The SCC-KSCST IP Cell and The IQAC St. Claret College. One Week Virtual International Faculty Development Programme. June 14 – 19, 2021 Innovation, IPR, Technology, Development and Entrepreneurship.
- Atelier sur la propriété intellectuelle et le PCT, Dakkar (Senegal), 20 et 21 janvier 2003
35. Séminaire sur „Technopoles et innovation technologique „ à Sousse (Tunisie), 27 et 28 Mars 2003
36. WIPO Conference on the Valuation of IP in Commerce and Development, in Jakarta (Indonesia) on April 27 and 28, 2001
37. ITU 2000 – December 7, 2000.
Badminton Club Geneve (BCG)
- Swiss Champion in 1997 and 1999
- President of the Badminton Club Geneve (from 2000 to 2017)
At that time, BCG was the biggest Swiss badminton competition club with 280 members (including a junior movement of 120 youth) and a yearly budget of CHF 250’000.
With the participation of more than 500 players and officials from Europe, a budget of CHF 1 million and broadcasted in more than 90 countries worldwide.
BW in action
Special Guest of FCB Barcelona
Losers quit when they fail. Winners fail until they succeed — Robert T. Kiyosaki
Sans hésiter, faites nous connaitre vos projets, vos ambitions, vos idées. Discutons.
12 Ch. de Compostelle, 1212 Genève
+41 (0) 78 943-4588